spin recovery

------=_NextPart_000_0041_01C2A480.636DBAE0

If she went that far and caused that much damage to the car then she was
just going to fast for the conditions.  As far what to do to correct for the
skid it depends on what the car is doing.  Usually by the time you think it
through it's to late to do anything anyway.  You really need to respond
naturally to the situation to regain control.  Like I said, if you are
thinking about what to do then your wasting too much time and your chances
of reganing control are about zero.

I would suggest that you find a local auto-cross and run a few events to
learn how your car handles and to get a better instinct of what to do is
these types of situations.  I would also discourage asking most other people
(excluding the gearheads on this list of course) of how do drive a car.  The
amount of skill it takes to get a drivers license over here is pitiful and
the knowledge of 99.5% of the public scares the living hell out of me.  I
read somewhere that it cost over $7000 to get a permit in germany and that
in either Spain or France that 66% of the people who try to get a license
fail.  I don't think that we need to be that strict but I beleive that basic
vehicle dynamis and car control should be taught.  Not learned by driving
like an idiot on someback road like most people, myself included.

Usually at the beginning of the Solo 2 year most areas have a drivers
school.  If you could find one of those then it would be the best $25 you've
ever spent on your car.

Alan