how feasible is an 8v piston swap?(8.5:1 to 10:1)

--0-636390058-1039852180=:98393

Hey all,
I rebuilt my 1.8 JH 8v engine about 8k ago.  Now I wish I would've installed some 10:1 pistons.  I recently came across a set for $50(is that a good price?), and was wondering how feasible it would be to install them in my '83 Scirocco.  Can I just remove the head and oil pan, disconnect the rods, push the old pistons(not oversized) up out the block, then put the 10:1 pistons(think they're from a GTI) with new rings onto the old rods and reassemble?  Would I have to rehone?  Should I replace the rod bearings and bolts even though they only have 8k? How much more HP can I expect by going to 10:1?  Should I use the 10:1 wrist pins or the current ones?  Is this a very common mod?(that's usually a fair indicator of if it's worth it or not).  Wow that was a lot of questions!  thanks in advance, every little bit of info/opinions helps!-
Rob