Almost got hit by a 16v

I  hear ya. A few weeks after I had gotten my rocc, I was doing the 30-45min ride home through middle of nowhere land and pulled off to get some gas. The pedal felt really squishy and there wasn't much force but I didn't think a heck of a lot of it (I forget why, but there was a reason). Filled up, got back on the road, got up to about 60 when a car appeared in front of me going slower. No biggie, I hit the brakes and not a damn thing happens except for a little rubbing sound. I managed to miss the guy in front of me and braked by downshifting and coasting. Turned out the master cylinder decided to stop working. Now every time my brakes feel a little bit softer than I last remembered I have a brief moment of panic.

Dan