[Re: [Re: speedo accuracy]]

"Rabbit16v" <Rabbit16v@attbi.com> wrote:
<Cathy wrote>
Can't resist the math on this one, :
60 + 10% = 66
70 + 10% = 77...
So you'd be off by 10% IMHMO
<end>

Isn't being off a 1/10th every mile 10%?  I wrote 66 at 60 and 77 at 70
also.  I guess I don't understand your point.

Dave

I've deleted the original post, but I thought it suggested something more
mysterious about the "increasing innaccuracy" as it went faster, which of
course a percentage error would explain, as I was trying to point out. Sorry
if I misinterpreted the original post, but I don't think I did. And if I
did,
well, I guess that makes me an idiot, so, sorry.
Cathy

I would say that "idiot" is a little harsh!!  I do know what you were
talking about though. I had explained some of the theories as to why speedos
are generally off at higher speeds than lower speeds and figured that the
spring tension increases as the speed does.  The mystery wasn't in my own
speedo, which I figured was a 10% difference at any speed, but in some of
the other radically different readings other people were getting like
perfect at 50 but 15 mph off at 100.  Anyway, no biggie.  I understand what
you were saying now and will never think your an idiot.  Afterall, you're
the only one on the list that figured out my mistake!!

Dave