taking drive flange off

i got someone to hold the flange in and i used my circlip plyers to get
it off  :)  it jumped out and hit the truck next to my car in the shop!
  its a good thing i expected it  ;)  safety goggles are always smart.

i'll try bending up a tool, but i think it may work better to buy
one...hmm. ill ask around.