Power loss, questionable mechanics.. WTF?

WEll, AFA the crank pulley being on wrong I suppose anything is possible.
You would really have to try hard to get it on wrong. Not to mention that it
would wobble like a motherfucker because of the locating dimple.

The fly wheel bolts are not offset. So If you dont pay attention to the
dowels when you put it on it will bolt right up and force the dowels through
the edge of the PP. Also some aftermarket flywheels dont come with an index
mark. This has to be added. Obviously not every one knows what to do there.
It is way easier to put the flywheel on wrong than it is to put the crank
pulley on wrong. And I have never seen a factory flywheel indexed
incorrectly. This however doesnt mean that someone cant add another mark
after they put the flywheel on wrong because they didnt want to taek the
tranny out again.

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
Seattle, WA USA