Another ebay item in question

> Ones I've seen have some sort of gauge. This looks like just a bunch of wires. Where does it go?

One set of plugs intercept the coolant temperature sensor (white sensor on the side of your head), the other set intercepts the throttle switches (uses only the full throttle switch - this is where splicing is required on the Techtonics unit, as it just splices into the full throttle wire).  Then there's a ground, too.

> Can I really just pull out some wires and plug this thing in or is more required than just this item? (I have a 16v)

That's all!  Plug and play!
Keep in mind, you're not going to notice much of a difference unless your engine has been modified a bit...

>Also, what is it supposed to do? I assume it makes the engine run richer but how does a few plugs do this and is a richer engine a good idea for a car that's a stock daily driver?

The stock 16V leans out slightly at high RPM for emissions and to preserve the cat.
Not sure exactly of how it works, but it is faking signals (changing voltages).  Since this only affects high RPM (most dyno results show gains from 5500 or higher), it won't affect your day-to-day reliability.

>Sorry for all the questions, but I'm just trying to learn what stuff does and why.

No apologies required, just remember, there was a point in time when each of us did not know how it works...