re accumulator/fuel pressure regulator problems? help asap ;(

> #1: What would be the symptoms of a faulty fuel accumulator?

unless the problem with it is that its leaking, you wouldnt really notice. i'd
say about 25% of the fuel accumulaters i've come across have been frozen (as in
not doing anything useful).

> #2: What would the symptoms of a faulty fuel pressure regulator?

improper fuel mixture. problem adjusting DPR current. unstable idle. loss of
power. cis requires fuel pressure to be very closely regulated for it to work
properly. note: if the vacuum line is not connected to the FPR, it can appear
that it is bad.

> #3 Why does my fuel pump not work all of the time?  It is a new one.  Only
> does it intermittently when car is hot and I try to start it quickly after
> it had been recently turned off.

fuel punp relay / associated electrical problem. if its a new pump, i would go
after what was touched during the install (i.e. electrical connections to pump).
also, hook up meter to fuel pump wires the next time it wont run. if the meter
stays at 0, its not the pump. if it goes to ~12v, but the pump doesnt run,
return that thing.

> Any help would roc....... Its a 1.8L JH on CIS fuel system.

thats what we're here for

hth
Al

Allyn Malventano, ETC(SS), USN
87 Rieger GTO Scirocco 16v (daily driver, 180k, rocco #6)
86 Kamei Twin 16V Turbo Scirocco GTX ('it has begun', rocco #7)
86.5 Occo 16v Trailer (dotting 'i's across the country, rocco #8)
87 Jetta 8v Wolfsburg 2dr (daily driver, 270k, 0 rattles, original clutch,
driveshafts, wheels :)