little rubber plug inside output flange (centre of cap missing)

--------------040700000701070205080908

just one last question!! sorry about this all, but you guys are so
knowledgable!

the old cap had the centre machined out of it...there was a perfect
circle missing from the old cap.
now, this cant be right...what might have caused this? it wont do much
good to put the new cap in and have it machined out again... :(

someone mentioned they had this happen to them, any fixes for it?

thanks,
rhys

T. Reed wrote:

>Just tap it in with a hammer.. that's all there is to it..
>
>-Toby
>
>On Mon, 9 Dec 2002, rhys wrote:
>

>>sorry, forgot to add something.
>>
>>what is involved in just installing the cap?
>>
>>tia
>>
>>rhys wrote:
>>

>>>alright, i went down to euro otto sport and got the driveaxle flange kit.
>>>
>>>came with a big round seal, circlip, and cap
>>>he also threw in a dished washer and a little brass spring washer thing.
>>>now, i dont have my bentley on me (its in the car, at the school) but
>>>do i need to take the flange out and replace teh big main seal, dished
>>>washer, and spring washer?  or is it just a good idea to do it while
>>>i'm in there?
>>>i dont see much point it doing one side and not the other, so should i
>>>
>>>thanks, as always
>>>
>>>rhys

--------------040700000701070205080908

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
just one last question!! sorry about this all, but you guys are so knowledgable!<br>
the old cap had the centre machined out of it...there was a perfect circle
missing from the old cap.<br>
now, this cant be right...what might have caused this? it wont do much good
to put the new cap in and have it machined out again... :(<br>
someone mentioned they had this happen to them, any fixes for it? <br>
thanks,<br>
rhys<br>
T. Reed wrote:<br>
  <pre wrap="">Just tap it in with a hammer.. that's all there is to it..

-Toby

    <pre wrap="">sorry, forgot to add something.

what is involved in just installing the cap?

tia

rhys wrote:

    </pre>
      <pre wrap="">alright, i went down to euro otto sport and got the driveaxle flange kit.

came with a big round seal, circlip, and cap
he also threw in a dished washer and a little brass spring washer thing.
now, i dont have my bentley on me (its in the car, at the school) but
do i need to take the flange out and replace teh big main seal, dished
washer, and spring washer?  or is it just a good idea to do it while
i'm in there?
i dont see much point it doing one side and not the other, so should i

thanks, as always

rhys

DEMETRIS RAPTIS wrote:

      </pre>
        <pre wrap="">that's weird, same thing i found in my inner CV. the little seal had