From: Jody Bailey <djsteveyk@shaw.ca>
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Date: Sunday, December 08, 2002 1:52 PM
Subject: Re: 84 engine

The most I have ever paid for a 1.8L engine is $300 cdn and that was for a
RD out of a 86 GTI (around 110,000 KMs).  I also got all the knock sensor
stuff I needed with it.  I would say $650 is fairly high (ridiculas if that
is in USD), I bet most wouldn't pay that much for a 2L crossflow out of a
newer VW with the same milage.  Where abouts are you located?  I am sure
something else can be found for a lot less, even if you have to ship across
the country.  HTH

Jody Bailey
82 Scirocco 2L 8v