brake caliper???

Okay so I am looking for a rear driver side caliper for my 82.  I have no
idea where this rear axle came from so I figure I will just get a Scirocco
16v caliper from the parts place.  Get it home to find out that the e-brake
cable is on the bottom not the top.  So I head back to the parts place and
tell them what is up and he explains to me that he gave me an 8v Scirocco
caliper (was un-aware there was a difference).  So I get the right 16v
caliper this time, but when I get home, the brake line is in the wrong
spot.  The caliper on my car uses the lower brake line fitting and this one
I have usees the one half way up.  My question is this...which car has the
fricken caliper I need?  The e-brake cable must be on the top of the
caliper and use the lower brake line fitting.  I am running out of options
but I would rather know which one I need seeing as they will prolly have to
order one from Edmonton so I won't be able to see it until it gets
here.  Any help would be appreciated.  TIA

confused about VW's rear calipers
82 Scirocco 2L 8v