tie rods

well the only time i did them (2x) was with the engine removed from the
cars. (82 bunny) and 87 16v. So I know how to do it, but it may not help
you.

The inners are screwed onto the rack, they are secured by lock nuts. They
are VERY large. im guessing that you get under the JACK STAND supported
car and turn the wheel all the way one way, remove the rack boot. And
loosen the two against each other. like a sissor.
Brian
82 2.0L TOpless bunny.
88 16v .. need fixed..
90 90q20v better winter car.