Fox motor going into 'rocco

--0-2111617970-1039336293=:19233

The more original parts you maintain on your '77, the easier it will be to put in the fox motor.  I'm pretty sure you won't need any vacuum hoses, as long as you're retaining your early CIS.  Also, why not use the shrouded injectors?  They thread right into you're 77's injector lines, and AFAIK are considered an upgrade. HTH,
Rob
 Cmr446@cs.com wrote:Well, now that I've gone out and bought an '03 Saturn Ion to replace the
Fox as the family car (OMG! Car payments!?! Kill me now before I suffer
further Domesticide!), I'm going to pull the 1.8 out of the Fox and prep it
for transverse instalation. Stuff I know I'll need: Oil pan and pump, oil
filter block (got it), and I'll use the manifold that's on the 'roc now
instead of the Fox intake. Will I need all the vacuum hoses and emmisions
devices (more hoses, fittings and what not) typical for an A2, or can I stay
with the lack of such things on the '77? Will I be able to just block off the
nozzle for the air shrouded injectors, or will I need to incorporate that?
I also have a GTI head that was intended for the Fox motor, so that will
get prepped as well.

-Carl
77rocco
89fox - soon to be a pile o' parts, new and old
'03Ion - at least it's not a minivan... yeah, I'll keep telling myself that...