16v Valve gasket results

--0-1194108882-1039331545=:45511

>Well I finished the job, and it took about 3 times longer than I thought it
>would.

"Everything takes longer than it does"  -my favorite motto when in the garage, or doing anything really!

>The underside of the valve cover was pretty foul looking. Lot of dark brown
>oil stains. I hosed it down with carb cleaner a couple times and let it soak
>then wiped it off. Some of it came off, but it still looks rather 'burnt'
>looking. Is this normal?

In my experience this is very normal.  If you get it clean and want it to stay clean (because you don't want your Rocco dirty inside or out!) use synthetic oil, it has prevented any oil deposits in my rebuilt engine for almost 10k now.  HTH-

Rob