First Trip In My Diesel!!!

Thanks to everyone who offered places to stay and/or just hang out.
Unfortuneately, my trip was so quick that I had little time to do anything.
I started from Olympia WA at 5am and got to San Francisco at 5pm, I got up
in the morning, picked up my package (a 2.3L gas Mercedes motor, complete)
and headed back after doing a little sight seeing in the bay area.  I got
home at 5am on Saturday morning.  Pretty decent times, I thought, especially
with a 5yr old and many stops.  The little 52hp diesel did the trick and had
no problems at all.  I installed some custom (understatement) overload
springs that kept the truck level with the Mercedes motor, the entire
exhaust system from said car, a set of snow tires mounted on tear drops (4),
and our luggage with a canopy.  I was very satisfied.  It ate more fuel than
I suspected but I didn't consider the weight so I still got around 40mpg
average down and back which would of made for one stop each way if I would
of started out with a full tank.  As it is, I filled up in Redding, CA and
Salem, OR and have a little over half a tank left (on the way back) which
should last me a couple weeks.

Anyway, just thought I'd let everyone know that I'm safely home (scoot off
the edge of your seat now!).

Oh, one last thing.  The guy I got the Mercedes motor from plays with VWs
alot!  I picked up a New In Box rear sway bar for a Rabbit Pickup.  What is
this thing worth?  He also told me how to change a 2.0L 8v block into a 2.0L
16v block (gave me a source for the pistons and you use your 1.8L pump
gearing).  Anyone in the San Fran area that is interested in this guy LMK!

Dave