[Re: which type of engine/block heater?]

"L F" <rocco16v@netzero.net> wrote:
> --------------------------------------------- =

>	MIME Type:=A0multipart/alternative =

> --------------------------------------------- =

Would think one of the two that heats the block directly, since the goal =
is to
keep the oil warm/thin so it will crank over easier.

Larry

I've got a pan heater on the TDI, and it works fine, but I think the type=
 that
heats the coolant is likely better. We have the 87 Jetta plugged in at th=
moment (please don't ask why) and the block is warm to the touch, it has =
the
coolant type.
Warm oil makes a huge difference, the engine sounds so unhappy till the "=
tar"
thins out.
Cathy