[Re: Snow Schmoe. was Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!!]

Well. Here we get lake effect (if Buffalo doesn't get it) when the wind s=
hifts
off Erie, and I had the fun experience of watching a mailbox approaching =
my
passenger's side door this at about 6 am today. (daughter is on breakfast=

shift at Mickey D's). I thought calmly, "that'll make a nasty dent in the=

door, but at least I won't hit the ditch". But I got it turned around and=

facing exactly where I had come from, body intact. Too much confidence in=
 the
"mud and snows" I guess, I'm loving those cheap tires, but the "coefficie=
nt of
friction" wins occasionally. But that's the bug, and it's so low that you=
 need
the momentum to keep the belly pan from getting stranded, I flatten the d=
rifts
for the next guy I guess, this one was about 6-8" deep and maybe 40'- 50'=

long, so I'd be plowing off the top 2-3" of it. I recall back in the day =
when
they would actually plow once in a while...

Sorry, no Rocco in the snow, it's still not home (fuel issues), maybe I'l=
have to do a winter drive shortly, hoping for fresh powder with no salt.
That'd be an extended ride, just for the fun of it.

As for one car being better than another, there are a lot of factors. I h=
ad
two nearly identical firebirds (70 and 77), one was a plow, the other wou=
ld go
sideways at the slightest hint of anything wet/cold.

I've been enjoying the lot at school when the kiddies aren't there, I dro=
ve in
once as a kid was doing massive backwards donuts, and he looked real shee=
pish
when he saw a teacher's car waiting for him to stop. We have to discourag=
this immature behavior (hehe)...I "proceeded cautiously" and did the usua=
slide into my spot.

Cathy