Which source for oil PSI & Temp sender?

I'm still working with half a Bentley (better than none) and wonder what
the difference between the oil filter housing vs the side of the head =
with respect to the VDO 'looks like a little oil can' with two spade
contacts and a screw in sensor tip on the other end.

Some folks I've seen use it in the oil filter housing, I found it on a
Cabby in the side of the head, a possession I find more esthetically
pleasing.

- Is there a fundamental difference in these two places?

- Is there a certain range I should use re: oil PSI gaage(s)?

- I have a gauge from a GTI but it's buried right now so I can't review
it's model number/ range.

tia,
TBerk