Shell options, and recomendations

Well the frame cracked on my '86 8v near the left control arm. Looks
like the crack started before I bought the car when someone bottomed
out. Took it in to bug aid to see if there was any hope, and as I
expected there wasn't. So here I am with no job, completely broke, no
car, and two totaled sciroccos (still have a red 16v). Ah yes college
life. So I've been tossing the idea around of moving the 16v engine, and
whatever other parts I need from either car into a new shell. I might
even consider adding on a 2.0 9A. So. . . .

1) I know VW parts are all very interchangeable, but what if any issues
would I run into dropping a 16v into a Mk1 Rocco, GTI/Golf, or Rabbit.
Or are there any other shells I should consider?

2) Anyone around Seattle, WA have a compatible shell for sale? I think I
still prefer a Mk2 Rocco just because I know I have all the part I would
need.

3) Any ideas on where else to look in the area? I've talked to Chis
Delong at BugAid. But it'll be a little while before I'll have any money
to do this.

4) If you are in the area and you need parts for your Rocco email me.
I'll post a big forsale list as soon as I figure out what all I have and
what's its all worth.

eric