Need Suspension Answers

Hey guys,

So I finally got my new shocks and springs in today.  For those who don't
recall, I got the following setup: RPI shock inserts and H&R Group G race
springs for A2 (420 lb).  I have a 1982 Rocco with about a hundred pounds of
weight reduction off the front end.

I used new upper mounts, new bumpstops, and new camber bolts to put it all
together, and it worked out o.k.  I had these goals in mind: 1) lower than
average.  2) no harsh bottoming  3) decent handling

Potterman recommended I go with the A2 spring at 420 lbs.  I'm beginning to
think that he really wanted to get rid of them or something, because they
certainly don't seem like the best answer. They're too short for starters.
The spring is not 100% loose at full extension, but it's a little loose in
there.  Half the spring has really tight coils and the other half has really
loose coils. At rest, it seems like the tight coils are pretty much all
touching each other. I don't know if it's supposed to be like that. They
ride nice and stiff and greatly increased my cornering grip, but it kinda
feels like I'm driving a low car but then it looks like a 4x4.

My car rides great now, and never seems to bottom out.  My problem is that
it's just not low enough. It seems it's the same height it was before, and
it has a good 4" of travel before bottoming. My control arms seem to be
exactly horizontal.   I know, I know "the Scirocco does not lend itself well
to being really low".   But I don't care, I want it low anyways.  H&R
apparently has a new set of race springs coming for the Rocco.  Would these
be any better?  Or should I stay with what I have now and get a camber plate
with a taller upper shock mount?

I guess what I should really have is coilovers.  I want it really low for
car shows, but I still want it to handle really good for spirited drives.  I
totally could never convince my girl that we need coilovers for my car. A
hundred bucks here and there is ok, but a couple thousand is just way too
much.

I've already spent enough money as far as I'm concerned, but all I want is a
low Scirocco that handles ok.  Is that really too much to ask?

Thanks for the help,

Vinny