From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org [mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org]On
Behalf Of Scott F. Williams
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2002 8:50 AM
To: Adrian C.; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: RE: Wheels ....

Adrian are you looking for maximum performance or just good looks? If you're
going for looks then install whatever you want with a function be damned
attitude. If you want the best balance between grip, handling, and looks,
then I advise you to use a 15x6.5" rim and 195/50/15 tires. For road racing
and backroad blasting a 14x7" rim might be best with some 205/45/14 or
whatever. And, for autox you'll definitely want some 13x7 or 8" with
what? -some 225/40/13 or something like that? I forget the13" race sizes...

> and as far as rubber i was looking at the Continental ContiSportContact
215/40R14's...
> im thinkin 16" at 7" or 7.5" width

I think you'll have a real challenge getting those 14" tires to properly fit
over a 16" rim. You must have some serious upper body strength. :^)
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut