More mk1 findings

Dan Bubb wrote:

> The O2 sensor reset box wires go to the dash to trigger the warning
> light, not to the O2 sensor itself. Really it's just a mileage counter
> that turns on a light after XXX miles.
> On an irrelevant side note. I don't believe there is such a thing as a
> two wire O2 sensor.
> 1 wire> sensor voltage
> 3 wire> sensor voltage, heater +, heater gnd
> 4 wire> sensor voltage, sensor gnd, heater +, heater gnd
> 5 wire> hell! I don't know, but it's for wide band.
> My 84 came with a 1 wire from the factory, so I'm thinking anything
> earlier would be 1 wire.
> Dan

There ARE two wire O2s, but I never saw one on a VW. Some O2 sensors
have a voltage wire and a ground wire to reference off of.

btw- the EGR trip light is spot on, it nor the O2 light are connected to
anything in particular other than the speedo cable. The only reason it
has wires it to tip the light on after appox 30K miles.

The box and two cable setup can be replaced with a diesel one piece
cable if you want.

TBerk