9A Block Decking/Head Milling

Hey all,

Anyone have experience on how much I can (practically) deck the block
and/or mill the head on a 9A 2.0L (assuming I'm using the 2.0L head)?

How much will the CR raise for every, say, 0.005" off either surface?
How much will I raise the risk of damage if interference should ever
happen?
Anyone have sources or experience regarding thinner head gaskets?

Yes, I'm already starting with a 10:1 CR, and detonation is a
concern...but please don't let that stop you from offering input to the
above.

TIA,

Ron

=====
Cheapass Ron
'87 Scirocco 16Victor
Pet Peeve du jour:  It's GTI not GTi!!  Read the nameplate!  (US only)