heavy duty valve springs for my 16v head

Allyn wrote:

> beware, i've heard of those hd springs shattering. i dont know if the
> problem > has been fixed or not either.

I'm one of the victims.. local dude Jerry w/black beast (Dubwar
dazzler) with almost identical motor setup as mine also shattered
one.  Ron Wood told me of several other of his customers who lived
this nightmare.. so this is not just some urban legend.

Word is that they apparently had switched suppliers at one time (in
earlier days, the TT "HD" springs were simply OEM diesel springs)
and got a bad batch of stuff.  Sadly, most people only got replacement
springs and NO refunds, let alone labor costs or collateral damage
compensation.

I've heard they have again switched suppliers and the problem is a
thing of the past.  No idea if this is true because the company line
was always to deny that there was any widespread problem in the first
place.

After mine busted I spent a wad on a set of Schrick springs - just not
worth chancing going through the problem all over again.

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA