Home on a hook

Testing to see if the changes I made (new coolant tank top and 50%
coolant/water mix).  Drive up one of the passes over the Blue Ridge Mts
at 4000 rpm (80mph), ok for a while, then at mile 2 of three, the temps
start to get high, coolant light comes on just as I turn on the heater.
Light goes out, temps come down a little (7/8 of scale instead on at the
end).  Drive back down, temp stays the same 7/8.  get to the bottom,
temps start to rise, light flashes, I pull over, temps start coming
down.  I get out while the car is a idle and I see a stream of coolant
coming from the "t" hose from the water pump/heater core/oil cooler.
What a bummer.  It's coming out too fast for me to make it home so I
call AAA.  None of the local auto places have the hose, so I'm off to
the dealer tomorrow morning.  Of all the things I changed, I didn't do
that one during the swap.
  From other posts, i remember that the oil cooler is really a oil
warmer to help get the engine up to temp faster ( at least that is what
I remember )  I think I'll just bypass the oil warmer when I get the new
hoses if I can find the right ones.
  From my drive, I think I have a timing/fuel mixture issue that is
causing the over heating.  I think I'm running too lean.  After the new
hoses, I'm going to try to enrich things a bit.

--
Kervin
80 1.7 8v Ole Paul sold to the great north