cooling gimmicks?

> Water picks up more heat, temp gauge rises.

Yep.

> Water gains more heat, water gives back more heat via radiator, water
> now cooler than before and routs back to motor cooler than without WW,
> cools motor more. Gauge shows LOWER.

It also has more heat to give up, so why would it (let's say) absorb 10%
more heat from the engine and then give up 20% more heat to the radiator?
It would be "absorb 10% more, give up 10% more, meaning the temperature of
the water routing back to motor would be the same as before.

Try this;   I am the coolant. You are the engine.  Dan is the radiator.
Heat is money.
I drink WaterWetter and get more efficient at transferring money.  I take an
additional 20 dollars(heat) from you every minute.  My constant efficiency
then allows me to give Dan an additional 20 dollars as well.  This means
that when I get back to you, and get my account (temperature) analysed by
the accountant (temp sensor), I'm still at the same level that I was before
I drank the WW.
  The only way I can be 20 less when I get back to the accountant, is if I
take a lot less from you in the first place and continue to give Dan a
near-normal amount.  Which means you get rich (hot).
The only way the "20degree cooler temp readings" would make sense is if it
were more efficient at giving up heat than it is at absorbing heat. I don't
think it works that way (diodes notwithstanding).

Ah, who cares.
You don't use it.
 I don't use it.

Larry  old crock and his old 'roc