[Re: [16v] low end torque problem found!]

I'd be suprised if a torqued crank bolt
would be able to resist this reversing load for long before it would
loosen up and let your keyway take more of a beating.
Dan

I talked to the mechanic who did this to mine (16V), he said it could las=
"two minutes/two hours/two days/two months, who knows"... I know, in my c=
ase
it was about two hours, long enough for my test drive and the ride home. =
(Of
course I already owned the car by the time I knew this had been done...)
My nephew tried the same thing on his Golf (1.9 T-Dsl), it lasted about f=
ive
hours before it started to slip.
Both of us were lucky, our heads survived. I'd be looking for a short blo=
ck if
I was you, and good luck, maybe you'll end up with a better engine out of=
f it
at least. I wonder how common this keyway failure is, of six VWs in the
family, that's two so far, not a very promising statistic.