[16v] low end torque problem found!

toby,

> keyway thing
3a block drops right in, no mods otherwise
> Exactly how many teeth do you have to jump to make valves kiss pistons?
not enough for you to chance it
> I've decided to pull it rather than fix it because obviously there's stuff
> wrong with it if it blew up. I only used 2 lbs of R-134a, too.
sounds like you starved the compressor of oil and it froze/blew up. there is a pressure switch that
cuts off the compressor if the high side gets too high. also, the discharge pressure required to
squeal the compressor belt would be much higher than the pressure that your discharge hose could
withstand, so there wouldnt have been squealing, just a big boom. good thing is that you're only out
a compressor, and those are easy enough to come by. (thats the thing about the cans of r134 that
have the oil included, you have to do the full charge or risk stuff breaking).

hth
Al