Freaky Sighting

I put on my radiator today.  I went out on my motorcycle to get some
coolant and about a block from my place, i see a mars MK2 with the hood
up.  I pull in and there is nobody around, the window are open and the
keys are in the ignition!  I look around the parking lot and there is
nobody.  The car is bone stock.  I'm tempted to try to start it, but I
hold off.  I wait about 5 minutes are so figuring the guy will be back.
Nope - I don't see a soul.  I go get my coolant and when I come back, I
see the car has moved a little and someone is locking it.  I talk to the
gut, he says his clutch cable broke.  I offer to help, but he didn't
know when he was going to be able to put it in.  He tells me the car
only had 20,000 miles on it when he got it and now it has 45,000.  I
didn't have the heart to tell him that someone replaced the odometer.
--
Kervin
80 1.7 8v Ole Paul sold to the great north