[tech] Help diagnosing an 8V?

> > I believe my thermo-time switch is broken.  I didn't get any resistance
from

> Hmm..now this is odd, I thought that the thermo-time was also responsible
> for telling the Jetronic to run in open loop mode (that solid 50% you were
> seeing) till the motor warms up....

<shrug>  Guess I should do some more testing to make sure, then.

> So we are left with: An injector not firing properly, or a spark issue.

My bet is on the injector being bogus...

> And from what I am seeing, this is not enough to affect the OXY readings,
> so it must be a single cylinder mis-firing.  I'd concentrate on the #2
> cyl, the one that you found the ugly plug.  Test the spark plug, the wire,
> etc.  Also check out that injectors spray pattern, look for
> leaks/dribbles.

Will do.  I won't have enough time to tear into all that until the weekend,
though.  I'll report my findings once I find 'em.  :)

Thanks again (as always),
'84 Scirocco Wolfsburg Edition (slightly ill)
'95 GTI VR6 (daily driver again)
http://www.divergent.org/mikes.vws/