exhaust fun?

ternil@union.edu wrote:

> So Last weekend Rick and I finally got most of the leaks on my car stopped. The
> bearings are replaced and the thing finally stops with all four wheels. Yeah, I
> don't think I've ever had my rear drums working before. DAMN THEY STOP. Anyhoo.
> Now that the car stops, I'm wondering about making it go faster. What's the
> deal with replacing the godawful toilet bowl I've got on it now? I'm just not
> sure what I need for parts. Can anyone enlighten me on this matter and how much
> I would expect to pay? I'm just doing forward of the Cat I think for right now.
>
> Thanks
> Lyman
> 87 8v - The Tomboy
>
> ------------------------

The Manifold and downpipe off of early diesel, Rabbit, Scirocco have the
dual pipes your after. Your also going to prob. want to replace the
gaskets while your in there, there are four smallish units for the
exhaust manifold, there is one combined gasket for the intake (might
just reuse that one) then there are gaskets between the downpipe & the
manifold. In my case  have a spacer, kind of thick and it's leaking here
after time and heat have warped stuff.

Like the 'uder guy' said, you can replace the stock dual down pipe with
one from Techtonincs. Said to flow that much better.

Keep in mind you may need to provide for an O2 sensor fitting,
depending.

It's my druthers to mount to O2 up in the manifold where it's nice and
hot. This is the standard single wire O2 placement.

Three wire heated O2s can live down by the cat, and there are TT & other
downpipes that mount it in the middle.

Hot O2 is a good thing.

TBerk