16v knock sensor diagnosis w/led test light

I've never done the proper test on a knock box, but Brian
W. had me test mine once using the following method:

Pull the connector off the knock box and take the
backshell off the connector.  Expose the back of the pins.

Plug the connector back into the knock box and turn on the
ignition.

Connect the back of pin 12 to ground (find pin 12 before
you plug the connector back into the knock box).  If your
fuel pump relay turns on the fuel pumps, your knock box is
shot.

I jumpered my fuel pump relay to ground and drove the car
that way for almost a year (sometimes its hard to find a
cheap knock box).  It works, but the ignition is retarded
(as I mentioned in the other thread) and the fuel pumps
will be on anytime the ignition is on (no automatic
shutoff after 2-3 seconds).

HTH
John
Long Beach