A/C Switch er roo

--part1_18b.c5b8ad1.2a8ab360_boundary

In a message dated 8/13/2002 2:10:58 PM Eastern Standard Time,
calimus@techography.net writes:

<<Ok, I recently converted my A/C over to R-134 and while it's kinda cool,
it's not great>>

Did you change out the dryer at the same time.  It seems that the people who
don't change the dryer don't get good performance from the change.  I changed
the dryer and it gets very cold.  What I do notice is that it takes longer
for it to reach it coldest temp.  The R-12 would get to a very cold temp in
less than a minute.  It seems it takes 3-5 minutes for the 134A stuff to get
to a very cold temp. The reason's I switched over is that it is so much
cheaper, my system was already empty, I like that I can recharge it whenever
I need to for 5 bucks instead of having to rely on someone els.  Like
mentioned b4 if your R-12 is blowing cold, leave it alone. OK i am rambling
now, back to the Q.  The two oils used are different and not compatible.
Meaning if you go back to R-!2 and the R134a oil is not completely out of the
system it will cause problems with the 2 oils reacting with each other
possible causing the Compressor to seize  don't take this as fact, just what
i have heard through the grapevine.
Brian 86 16v
98 Jetta GLX Vr6

--part1_18b.c5b8ad1.2a8ab360_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">In a message dated 8/13/2002 2:10:58 PM Eastern Standard Time, calimus@techography.net writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
&lt;&lt;Ok, I recently converted my A/C over to R-134 and while it's kinda cool,<BR>
it's not great&gt;&gt;<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><BR>
Did you change out the dryer at the same time.&nbsp; It seems that the people who don't change the dryer don't get good performance from the change.&nbsp; I changed the dryer and it gets very cold.&nbsp; What I do notice is that it takes longer for it to reach it coldest temp.&nbsp; The R-12 would get to a very cold temp in less than a minute.&nbsp; It seems it takes 3-5 minutes for the 134A stuff to get to a very cold temp. The reason's I switched over is that it is so much cheaper, my system was already empty, I like that I can recharge it whenever I need to for 5 bucks instead of having to rely on someone els.&nbsp; Like mentioned b4 if your R-12 is blowing cold, leave it alone. OK i am rambling now, back to the Q.&nbsp; The two oils used are different and not compatible. Meaning if you go back to R-!2 and the R134a oil is not completely out of the system it will cause problems with the 2 oils reacting with each other possible causing the Compressor to seize&nbsp; don't take this as fact, just what i have heard through the grapevine.<BR>
Brian 86 16v<BR>
98 Jetta GLX Vr6</FONT></HTML>

--part1_18b.c5b8ad1.2a8ab360_boundary--