Suspension Question/Recomendation

-----Original Message-----
From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Robert Luhrs
Sent: Monday, August 12, 2002 3:54 PM
To: Scirocco List
Subject: Suspension Question/Recomendation

This is actually for my dad.. he has an 88 16v and says this:

What would you recommend for a new suspension fo rmy Scirocco?
The shocks are getting weak and it would be a good time to
upgrade.
I would like to have good handling without getting a punnishing ride
or lowering the car too much (if at all). As far as I know, the
suspension is stock now.

Any suggestions?  Speaking from experience, he likes the car to
handle about as well as possible without being punishing.. his first
car was a bmw 2002, thena daimler Sp250, then a euro spec Opel
GT, and now a 88 16v 'roc, so all the cars have been pretty damn
sporty, if that helps at all....

Thanks for any help!
Rob
(also an 88 16v)

Bilstein HD's with stock springs, or Neuspeed Sofsports, or H&R
equivalent...

Peter