CV joint bolt removal (stripped head)

-----Original Message-----
From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Jason Rinne
Sent: Monday, August 12, 2002 3:45 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: CV joint bolt removal (stripped head)

Hey All,

I'm pulling an 8V motor and 4K tranny to sell and have come upon a bit
of a
snag. I've got everything disconnected except for one last bolt on the
inner
CVs that was already borderline from previous wrenching (I assume) and
now
the torque drive just can't get enough bite to loosen it. What are my
options? Drilling it out is a bit difficult due to the angle and the
fact
I'm on the shop floor with jackstands (makes getting any real muscle
into it
virtually impossible).

HELP! Don't want to blow the deal I've got goin on it because I can't
shake
it loose from the car.

Thanks,
Jason Rinne
Bellingham, WA

Drill the head off, or cut it of with a cut-off wheel.

Whenever I cut the head off, the remaining shaft is very easy to turn
out, I can usually turn it by hand.

You can always drop the engine and trans with the axle attached, and
then cut the head off...

Peter