aug tranny vs. 4k tranny

The 2nd gears are NOT the only difference - the final drive is the big
difference.  3.94 for the 4K vs. 3.67 for the AUG.  I consider the AUG
to be a fairly close ratio box, but not as tight as the 4K.

I'm considering an AGB behind a 2.0L 16V, I am thinking that the 3.67
final drive may be OK behind the torquier engine.  So linstead of
answering your question, I've "mee too'd" it.  Any help?

Ron

--- The Hitman <vwscir88@hotmail.com> wrote:
> i just stumbled into an aug tranny with a fresh rebuild. i have a 4k
> tranny
> that i was planning on having redone to use on my 2l 16v. i know the
> 2nd
> gears are the only difference between the two, but which is better?
> and how
> much of a difference is there between the 4k and aug? i suspect that
> the 4k
> is the better option, but if there's not a huge difference between
> the 2 i
> might just save my money on the tranny rebuild to put towards other
> needs.
> tia
>    hit

=====