1.8 16v Mod Options

Al-
Those modifications will not raise torque "across the board".  They will
subtract lower rpm torque output in exchange for the increase on the upper
end.
Will they subtract enough that you, John, will be dissatisfied? Only you can
answer that.
 Just realize that they WILL reduce lower rpm power.

Larry

> John,
>     keep in mind that while a larger intake/bigger cams will shift your
peak torque higher up the
> scale, they will also raise your torque across the board. its just that
the gains are more relevant
> at the higher rpm.
> Al

> > I have a 1.8 with a real strong bottom end. I don't want to mess with
it. I
> > know a 50mm intake manifold would absolutely kill what little torque I
> > have. What about the Euro intake cam by itself? Would that be
worthwhile?
> > Are there any cam sets out there that would be OK and not kill my
torque? I
> > know they would have to be fairly mild, but that's OK. I'm just trying
> > get some ideas.
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > John
> > Long Beach