Another A/C story, succes

About a 1 1/2 years ago my A/C stopped blowing cold.  So I took it in to get an estimate.  They said I had a blockage in the system caused by a bad expansion valve.  Well this week I had to take the jetta in to get the steering rack replaced because of a bad leak, so I was driving the rocco more and in this heat I figured now would be the best time to fix it.  So I got myself a new expansion valve and a new dryer and changed them out.  I figured now would be the best time to convert to the new freon so I got myself the Wal-mart kit.  Well a couple hours later and the rocco has nice cold A/C.  Yahooo.  Now if I can only get the compressor belt tight enough so it does not squeal it looks like i am missing a tensioner for it.

So another sucess story for the walmart conversion.  Only thing is the High pressure adapter did not fit the rocco.  Thats ok becuase you don't use this side anyway.

Brian 86 16v with cool A/C
98 Jetta Vr6 GLX with a new steering rack