[tech/help]2.0l 8V swap

Well,

I managed to swap in the 2.0l 8V but I am unable to start the car.  I also
installed the knock sensor system but I dunno if I've done it all correctly.
This is all so frustrating....

Nonetheless, I need to know what you guys have used in regards to the
distributor.  I'm presently using the Audi distributor with the Jetta 16V KS
wiring.  It's a plug and play design but how about the internals of the
distributors?  Could that be what's causing the car not to start?  I haven't
checked for spark as of yet as I got too tired to fiddle around with it.

I'm guessing that my timing is off.  My cam sprocket is an adjustable one
and there is no timing mark on the inside of the sprocket.  I think that
this is ultimately what is my problem.  How can I verify that the cam is
properly aligned?  There is a dot on the outter part of the sprocket but if
my memory serves me correctly, that's not the proper dot to use....so what's
next?

Sal
81 Scirocco 16V
84 Vwabbit