Tech - vacation stuff ( long)

Well, I've been off on vacation. About 1500 miles in the headache this ti=
me
around. A few Rocco related comments:
1. Brake Master cylinder: Tips for this procedure would include obtaining=
 the
11mm flare nut wrench  (a very nice tool), and locating something small e=
nough
to fit the bleeder screws before you have all that air in the lines (7mm
6point would be best, mine was 12 pt and worked fine). But it went well t=
hanks
to Josh Wyte kindly being my Cape Cod mail box, good excuse to visit anyh=
ow!
And the real trick is marinating all the possible offenders in Deep Lube =
for a
week or so before you start, everything came off very well. Which is amaz=
ing.
(sorry, no amusing stories)

2. Motor mounts: It is possible to have new ones "professionally installe=
d"
and split them wide open in less than a week. (front). How far out of the=

metal cup should the rubber extend? I'm thinking it wasn't pressed in far=

enough. (the back one is also shot, and no doubt the rocking contributed)=
also had a rattle shortly after leaving the dealership which turned out t=
o be
a loose bolt on the power steering bracket. WTF?

3. Cooling system: Working very well. If Waterfest was the rain torture t=
est,
then this trip was the cooling system torture test. 2 hr line up to get i=
nto
Vermont (nice customs guys made everyone get out and open up their trunks=
 for
whatever reason, I actually walked to the Duty Free for the beer since it=
 was
much faster) and another 2 hr stop and go near the Cape. Total of 4 hrs a=
about 1 mph, and temps of 99 - 104*C for the oil (and 48* C indicated out=
side
temp at some points, it was HOT). Not too shabby.

4. Tint: If you have no AC, do it. It makes a huge difference as long as =
the
sun isn't beating through the front window. Much cooler.

5. Question: Our 1/4 mile trap speed has dropped by about 5 mph. 60 ft ti=
mes
are still good ( 2.3s / 2.0s on street tires/ slicks) so it's getting out=
 of
the hole fine,  but it runs out of steam in fourth. Idle is still lousy w=
hen
hot (new ISV didn't help)- almost feels as if it is struggling to push
something, but idles fine on the AC setting and the fuel doesn't stay pri=
med
when the car sits for more than two days. Overall it runs fine. Also,
sometimes running at 4000 rpm is deafening, other times very reasonable. =
It
certainly handled some extended high speed runs on 401 (150 kph) without
issue, but sometimes needed more "push" on the pedal to get it there. I
realize these may represent several different problems. Nothing major, bu=
t to
qoute anyone in the staging lanes, "it should be faster", and it has been=
=2E

That's it for now. I'll post the "fluffier stuff" elsewhere!

Cathy