OT: Vacation non-tech

Back from vacation. =

We raced at SanAir (near Montreal), and I realized I know absolutely no f=
rench
words for engine stuff. Very frustrating. There was a nice black turbo ra=
gtop
Rabbit which made me realize this, Jim, perhaps the next project? There w=
as
one wicked fast Corrado, running 12's, and actually quite a few VWs, more=
 than
we see up here in Ontario. And a cool VW show truck (ex cabrio?) I did ta=
ke
pictures...

Then off to the real vacation. I saw only one Rocco the whole trip, it wa=
Mickey's, and the meeting had been arranged. But it was great to sit and =
yack
about the cars with Josh and Mickey. Sorry I didn't get things arranged R=
ick,
time was tight.

Lots of comments on my car, from  "oh those were basicly garbage cars" to=

"really nice" . =

I got to drive a '96 5 spd VR6 Passat wagon, heavy but lots of muscle and=

really smooth. My cousin bought it when she was down for a vacation, but =
she
didn't cope well with my rather "enthusiastic" test drive. She'll recover=
=2E

The usual arrest story, on the way home in Syracuse again, like deja vu o=
last year ( the twin 90 mph ticket story). But I was determined not to pa=
y a
fine this time. I'd been cruising along passing in the slow lane, just pu=
lled
into the fast lane, and I saw the cruiser in the median. I wasn't really =
going
that fast, I had really deserved it on the trip down though... My hubby w=
as
ahead,and said he thought HEd been caught, but they went after me instead=
,
likely the sport compact thing.  I think the young cop was genuinely surp=
rised
to see a mature (ahem) woman at the wheel. Anyway, the usual conversation=
,
informing me of my speed ( 83 in a 65), and asking for paperwork. So I ex=
plain
that my speedo is only in metric, and the light was out so I had been kee=
ping
up with traffic estimating my speed based on the tach ( which has the wor=
king
light) . Pretty well the truth actually. After the usual wait, it was "go=
 and
sin no more", and "get the light fixed"... I figure it would have been
speeding AND an illegal speedo if I'd been young and male. And Julie, I h=
ad
ditched the bra earlier, but the spandex was not in effect...( lucky this=

time, first time in the Rocc, the cops love the bug). Now I'm wondering i=
f a
switch could be put in to put the speedo light on and off as needed...

Cathy, 1987 16V Rocc, with the newly mangled front motor mount and custom=

"dark" instrument panel! "the silver headache"