have you seen this Scirocco?

Dave-
 You may be thinking of ASC Corp, a company that does/did convertible
conversions for many manufacturers.  (I worked for them in the early '70's)
The John Greenwood Edition  'Vette was a short-lived offering that was
mainly hellacious fiberglass bodywork.  It was very similar to Greenwood's
bodywork on his roadracing 'vettes. (I also worked for Greenwood for awhile,
building his competition Corvettes)

Larry