old Scirocco Mk1 blueprint - was :Re: mint Mk1 for sale...here in Germany

Hello,

Jasin is right,
the square lights were meant to be for the Sciroccos being sold in Europe,
while the USA should get the double round lights.
Therefore it is correct to name the square lights "Euro" lights, as they were Euro-only.

I have an original KARMANN blueprint
dated 14th of May 1973, in which this is documented.
The drawing shows the front & sideviews of the Scirocco
that was called " EA 422 " at this point of time.

the blueprint is way too big to be scanned with my scanner
so I tried to make pictures :
http://www.Scirocco2.de/blueprint1.jpg

and here the US / EURO difference :
http://www.Scirocco2.de/blueprint2.jpg
Hard to read but the left arrow says "USA-Ausführung"
while the right one says "Euro-Ausführung"

( fortunately they changed their mind and we DID get get double rounds here too  ! )

friendly Greets !
Dirk

CORRADO G60  www.Corrado.de/corrado.jpg
Scirocco 16V GT II '92 darkgreen-pearl  www.GT-2.de/GT2.htm