Coolent Temp sensor

No, that's the oil temp, but the coolant temp sensor is identical.

Standing on the driver's side and looking down on the engine, the
coolant temp sensor is on the end of the head right above the timing
plug on the trans.

Look up the wire color in the Bentley just to verify, or if it works at
all, you could disconnect the wire and then check the coolant gauge, to
verify that you have the right sensor. IIRC, there are 2 in that area,
and I think it's the lower one, right above the front upper trans to
engine bolt, the other one is another oil temp sensor.

HTH!

Btw, the e-mail I sent bounced; undeliverable to calimus@techography.net

Peter - Bear Delaware 19701
'79 Scirocco 16V, '83 GTI
'79, '81, '84=BD Scirocco
For Sale: '84 & '88 Scirocco rollers $400 each
<http://thescirocco.com>
Peloquin LSD *
<http://www.techtonicstuning.com>
<http://autotech.com>