Update on my headache (likely to be longish)

Well, the long awaited moment had arrived, my tranny guy phoned and told =
me
the car was good to go. Thanks to Peter and Gary for the technical assist=
ance
and rapidly shipped parts, it now has the "monster hybrid tranny from hel=
l"
(well, at least it isn't stock anymore, and hopefully not leaking) =

The details? Quaife, in an AGB with the 3.94 R&P, .80 fifth, and a hybrid=

8V/16V fourth gear. And some delicious Redline, I think I've put a case i=
n to
date. So I show up to get the beast, and what has the good Lord provided =
for
the trip home? An hour's worth of wet, cold asphalt, the second half very=

curvy, and I am also blessed with tires that are getting retired (read as=
 hard
rubber slicks to be burned off). Add a few snow flakes for good measure. =
So
yes, the LSD works, sort of like ABS in forward without the foot vibrator=
,
lots of two wheel spinning, heading dead ahead, very nice!!! but you know=
 my
little story won't end there, oh no, this is MY UNGRATEFUL LITTLE CAR!!!
So I get to the second half of my journey, past the "test it out at every=

stoplight" part, and I'm just minutes away from the "see how handling is =
on
the curvy road" part. And the car falters, rather a sudden "negative
acceleration" or two, (on and off, stop/go, very harsh) and it becomes ob=
vious
that I'd better find a landing spot, which, true to form, is nearby. (thi=
s car
always did die in good places, that's one thing it does well) =

Well I hop out and immediately crawl under the front, expecting the Redli=
ne to
be in a pool/ big hole in the tranny case. Nope, all good under there (un=
like
our previous experiences with the PT Cruiser) so then what is the problem=
? I
try to start it, no good. Then the battery gets so low there's no point, =
and I
do my best damsel in distress/hood up in the rain act, and a nice guy sto=
ps to
help, in a beater old Chev compact of some sort. The first words out of h=
is
mouth? "Want to sell it?" To which I reply, "Here's the keys, you can hav=
e it"
(just kidding, I think it was more like "absolutely NOT") =

Anyways, he boosts it, still won't fire, but instead of the usual fuel pu=
mp
buzz, I hear a hiss, and realize the puddle I thought was due to the ligh=
rain was in fact Magnum 93 (fuel pump appears to be in good working order=
, I'm
an optimist eh?). So we sit in my car, talking about VWs and waiting for =
the
tow truck. Busted fuel line, again. So back to the dealer, who obviously
didn't fix it last time, and I was less than gracious with the service
manager. But it made me laugh , so typical for this car, and why is it I =
enjoy
the stupid thing? And I'm driving it to Cincy? Heck, I'd be lucky to make=
 the
border at this rate.
Anyway, that's the state of the headache, it WAS fun while it lasted, I k=
eep
telling myself this will be the last of it, but it never is. =

Typical-for-me diesel content - the bug is running better than ever, inje=
ction
pump timing adjusted, new tires and wheels, really wonderful.

Also typical-for-me way off topic stuff - my hubby's in the Red Green mov=
ie!
They filmed it near here, sticksville for sure.

So one more thing, anyone in Southern Ontario got an older VW they want t=
sell to the nice guy who helped me out? He had a 2 dr Jetta and an 85 GTI=

before the Chev, and is looking for a nice older VW. He can't have mine.

So I go on burning oil, and working two jobs to support the addiction. Sh=
ould
have the headache back soon though. Can't wait to burn gas again!

Julie, my fuel economy is even worse than yours was on two cylinders! (0 =
miles
per gallon, LOL)

Cathy
1987 16V 2L Scirocco that spews fuel