On the topic of superchargers

On Fri, 26 Apr 2002, Neal Tovsen wrote:

> It's not! The MR2, which is the only one I know of
> that does this, has a by-pass valve and a solenoid
> actuator.

FYI, i think the mercedes Kompressor has a clutch as well, as i have heard
of a few people using them on VW's after picking them up cheap when the
clutch failed (mercedes replaces the whole thing at the dealership & the
one with the broken clutch is supposed to be trashed, but is often
"liberated" by performance minded individuals, hehe)

peas,

Steve

     If you see a mad professor in a minibus, just smile. --James Bond
                      http://westfailure.org