Bloody Virus

there is another optio for the air in the cooling system.
I found this out during the hybrid swap.
I have two .. yes two rad caps.
It turns out that with the proper drilling of the t-stat and installation
of a westmoreland rabbit GTI hard water hose and an overflow obttle  for
an 8v. when you fill the radiator and car is on car ramps. all the air
bubbles right out.

so try this. put the car on a steep incline with the car nice an cool.
(put brick under tire cause we all know how well the e-brakes work.) pop
open the rad cap and fill. damn early 8v's had it.. Pop off upper rad hose
and rad cap.try it it might just work w/

my personal favorite.
get hose.
undo upper rad hose.
undo rad cap
stuff hose in upper rad.
have assistant turn on hose good and strong  :-)
wait itll water flowing thru heater core (cause the tstat is closed-go
turn that heat on) and out the rad. now remember the rad cap is off.
stick you other hand .. the one not holding the hose tight against the rad
hose. and try and fill the radiator. doing the quick removal of the hose
and mating the rad hose back to the rad....now you ask what about coolant.
well in GA. and aleaky system. I didnt worry about it :-)

brian

90 audi 90q20v 46kmi
88 white 16v going to live a Julies for a while. Its da badass $600 low
ass no spring having 3" clearance, poly strut bearing havin, koni yellow
having, supersprint tip, nuespeed strut brace, mint interior, no
front bumper having, rear euro having, nuespeed race downpipe havin,
butt dyno'd, mom-steerin wheeled, 89kmi mile car. wrecked fun car.:-)

88 16v red. going to pieces(at least 4) today and tomorrow -- those folks
with parts waiting. Im getting an inperson update.

82/* 2.0L topless bunny <-- attempted murder of driver. Grounded to the
gararge till mext week. The nut for the pass side strut came off at 80+ in
the fast lane next to the concrete barriers. no major damage. Strut will
prolly need replaced. it could have been MUUUUCH worse

91 Honda VFR750F -- goes really fast and is really loud 2wheeled speed
machine. 0-speeding ticket in no time flat.