Help! Options for MK1 rear wheel-well repair

I took my 81 to a body shop today for an estimate and some advice.  My
ds rear wheel well lip could use some work, so he suggested that he cut
it out and fabricate his own to replace it.  This worries me a bit...
The shop came recommended, but I don't know if I want to trust this guy
to replicate the arch.

As there are absolutely NO MK1's in wrecking yards around here (S. Ont.
Canada), cutting a solid one off of a parts car isn't really an option.
 Even if there were some here, chances are that they're in much worse
shape than my car.

So, would any of you listers in the various "rust-free-zones" in the
U.S. be able to help me out here?  I'd be willing to pay for someone's
time to acquire one (both would be nice...)

Or should I trust a shop to fabricate their own piece?

Thanks!

Mark.

Only a few days left to file! http://taxes.yahoo.ca