Help! Options for MK1 rear wheel-well repair

--=======3A9123E4=======

At 04:17 PM 4/26/02 -0400, Mardak wrote:

>I took my 81 to a body shop today for an estimate and some advice.  My
>ds rear wheel well lip could use some work, so he suggested that he cut
>it out and fabricate his own to replace it.  This worries me a bit...
>The shop came recommended, but I don't know if I want to trust this guy
>to replicate the arch.
>
>As there are absolutely NO MK1's in wrecking yards around here (S. Ont.
>Canada), cutting a solid one off of a parts car isn't really an option.
>  Even if there were some here, chances are that they're in much worse
>shape than my car.
>
>So, would any of you listers in the various "rust-free-zones" in the
>U.S. be able to help me out here?  I'd be willing to pay for someone's
>time to acquire one (both would be nice...)
>
>Or should I trust a shop to fabricate their own piece?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Mark.

How about Bow wow parts?  They're in Canada too.  Here's the link to the
Scirocco parts-
http://www.bowwow.ca/cfm/bwowfidx.cfm?PG=prts.cfm&SI=010808710553&MAKE_C=VW&MODEL=SCIROCCO%2015%20TO%201700CC&YEAR=75%20TO%2081%20GERMAN&CAT_CD=1900.0
Only $14.95 cdn!

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-Just rolled 100K
'86 Scirocco 8V-
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V -
'78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic,  4 speed.