new 020 tranny symptoms

OK, so let me get this straight.

Your motor siezed. You Pulled it out, had it rebuilt. Removed the tranny and
clutch while motor was rebuilt, and reinstalled afterward. Basically didn't
do anything to either one. Now it makes noise as chronicled.

I would agree that the tranny is probably fine. How long was everything
apart? Did anyone else mess around with the stuff? How did the Clutch lever
get bent, or was it like that before? It's possible to reverse the clutch
disk in the assembly, or to leave out the spring for the pushrod plate.
Unknown what the effects would be.

I would pull it apart as it really seems the problem lies in the clutch
assembly. Worst case, the problem is elsewhere, and you've proved that there
is nothing wrong with the clutch. No harm done, just a few hours spent
wrenching. Best case, it's a "free" fix.

Hope your 'roc is back on the road soon,
Jonas